These instructions have been tested on the Samsung Blackjack SGH-i607 running Windows Mobile 5. To get YouTube videos to display on your Blackjack, perform the following steps:
- Download this file: Link
- Inside the file are more files.
- a zip file: unzip it to your Blackjack and copy to \Windows. You’ll need to “app unlock” your Blackjack before being able to do this step.
- Streaming_210.cab: Install this on your Blackjack
- Soft-reset your phone
- HTC_Streaming_Media.cab: Install this onto your Blackjack
Now, when you go to m.youtube.com and click the “view now” link, it should launch this program and stream the content.
When I first got my Samsung Blackjack SGH-i607 one of the first things I noticed was the extremely loud and annoying “woosh” sound it would make whenever I powered on and powered off the phone. If you don’t mind the graphics for the start and shutdown screens but hate the loud woosh sounds there is an easy fix that you can do to change the sound to something less annoying. You need to have your Blackjack “app unlocked” before you can do this.
- Use sound recorder in windows and make any 4 second wav sound file you want or make a blank one. You can also edit any wave file you have to 4 seconds. Or you can find an existing wav file on your phone and use that. I chose one of the short and quiet notification sounds that come with the phone.
- Name the start one start.wav and the stop one stop.wav
- Sync your phone and go to the windows folder on the phone. If you want to backup the woosh sounds drag them to a backup folder on your PC. Then drag and drop your new start and stop sounds into the windows folder. You’ll get a overwrite confirmation dialog so just say yes to this. If you are unable to override the existing sounds due to a permission error, then you may need to use a 3rd party file manager program like Total Commander.
- Now when you power on and power off your phone you’ll still see the same graphics but hear your new replacement sounds.
Before you can perform most of the “hacks” for the Samsung Blackjack SGH-i607 cell phone you need to “app unlock” it. This process unlocks the phone such that you can alter the factory settings and software that comes preconfigured on the phone. Here is how to do it:
- Download and unzip this file: Samsung Blackjack 1 App Unlock Program (Mirror link)
- Create a shortcut to the file in the same folder you downloaded it to or wherever else you like.
- Right click on the shortcut that you just created and goto the compatibility tab.
- Check the box “run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows XP SP2.
- Click ok.
- Launch the shortcut and follow the instructions of the program.
This is for the AT&T/Cingular Nokia 6030b type RM-75. If you get the newer RM-225 model you CANNOT unlock it through the site listed below. The model type is on the sticker behind the battery near the IMEI code.
- Go to http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia_unlock.php.
- Select phone model 6030B and select “U.S.A.–CINGULAR – Pacific Bell Wireless” as the carrier.
- You will need the 15-digit IMEI number from the phone. It’s on the sticker under the battery, and you can also get it by entering *#06# on the phone. (Both of these should give you the same number! Enter the number on the form also, and click “Get my codes!”.
- Remove the SIM from the phone (it’s under the battery), replace the battery, and power the phone back up. It will say “Insert SmartChip”.
- Follow the instructions from the web page to enter the code. You should get a message “Phone restriction off” which means the phone has been unlocked.
You can now put your AT&T SIM (or any other SIM) back in the phone. If the code doesn’t work, do not keep trying. After 5 attempts your phone will be permanently locked to AT&T/Cingular.