Before you can perform most of the “hacks” for the Samsung Blackjack SGH-i607 cell phone you need to “app unlock” it. This process unlocks the phone such that you can alter the factory settings and software that comes preconfigured on the phone. Here is how to do it:
- Download and unzip this file: Samsung Blackjack 1 App Unlock Program (Mirror link)
- Create a shortcut to the file in the same folder you downloaded it to or wherever else you like.
- Right click on the shortcut that you just created and goto the compatibility tab.
- Check the box “run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows XP SP2.
- Click ok.
- Launch the shortcut and follow the instructions of the program.
This is for the AT&T/Cingular Nokia 6030b type RM-75. If you get the newer RM-225 model you CANNOT unlock it through the site listed below. The model type is on the sticker behind the battery near the IMEI code.
- Go to http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia_unlock.php.
- Select phone model 6030B and select “U.S.A.–CINGULAR – Pacific Bell Wireless” as the carrier.
- You will need the 15-digit IMEI number from the phone. It’s on the sticker under the battery, and you can also get it by entering *#06# on the phone. (Both of these should give you the same number! Enter the number on the form also, and click “Get my codes!”.
- Remove the SIM from the phone (it’s under the battery), replace the battery, and power the phone back up. It will say “Insert SmartChip”.
- Follow the instructions from the web page to enter the code. You should get a message “Phone restriction off” which means the phone has been unlocked.
You can now put your AT&T SIM (or any other SIM) back in the phone. If the code doesn’t work, do not keep trying. After 5 attempts your phone will be permanently locked to AT&T/Cingular.