Excel 2007 changed the menu system. You can only add form controls by using the “Developer” tab in the menu ribbon. By default the “Developer” tab is disabled. To enable the developer tab do the following:
- Click the circular Microsoft Office icon in the upper left corner of the Excel program
- Click the “Excel Options” button
- Select the left menu option “Popular”
- Check the option “Show the developer tab in the ribbon”
- Now the developer tab will appear on the ribbon. You can select the tab and press the “Insert” button to display check boxes and other form controls which can now be inserted into the spreadsheet.
The MySpace developer website is now open. Developers can create and test their applications in a test bed environment. The developer platform uses Google’s Open Social framework. Here is an excerpt from the developer website:
“The MySpace Developer Platform (MDP) allows developers to create applications that interact with MySpace members and their social data. With MDP you will be able to create compelling new products that integrate directly into MySpace pages and get exposure to millions of people around the world.
MDP is currently in a sandbox phase. During this phase, we’ll be rapidly adding new documentation, capabilities, and end-user features to the platform. We want your input! You can give us feedback in our forums, notify us about bugs, and contact us directly.”